B&W International has now developed the outdoor.case type 6040 with Cirrux® fiberglass inlay - the first case that is also certified for the transport of defective lithium-ion batteries over land, water and in the air* (certificate no. 190313, Belgian Packaging Institute BVI). As the batteries are highly flammable and have explosive properties even when intact, the special case had to pass extensive tests for hazardous goods packaging in order to be certified for the transport of lithium ion batteries including lithium ion polymer batteries according to UN regulation 3480. The case is certified for the transport or storage of two Li-Ion batteries with a capacity of up to 750Wh per battery. A maximum battery capacity of 750 Wh per battery and a maximum total weight of 13kg (incl. case) should not be exceeded.
For the outdoor.case type 6040, B&W International uses an adapted Cirrux® fiberglass cushion as an inlay. This special padding material is characterized by the fact that it is neither flammable nor conductive and serves as thermal insulation. The cushion filled with glass fibers is protected against short circuits and is absorbent. Even leaking battery acid has no negative consequences. Since Cirrux® as a cushion is more pressure-elastic than granulates, the material can neither dust nor crumble.
All features at a glance
- Extremely stable case: Polypropylene (PP) housing
- certified according to STANAG 4280, DEF STAN 81-41 and ATA 300
- watertight (IP 67 protection)
- Temperature stable from -30 °C to +80 °C
- Airworthy for flight: automatic air pressure compensation valve
- 2 eyelets for padlock (Ø 7 mm)
- Inner dimensions: 476 x 356 x 124 mm | 18.7 x 14.0 x 4.9 inch
- Outer dimensions: 512 x 420 x 148 mm | 20.2 x 16.5 x 5.8 inch
- Weight: 6 Kg | 6 Ib
- Volume: 21.0 L
- Ergonomic two-component handle
- Two-stage closures
- Optional lift-off hinge for removable lid
- 30 years warranty
- color: black
*Please note that the certification for air transport refers exclusively to cargo flights. In addition, it is a legal requirement that lithium-ion batteries with a capacity of > 100 Wh may not be taken onto passenger aircraft.
|Unieke productcode (UPC)||4031541742773|
|Categorieën||Fietskoffer, Fietsgereedschap koffer, Fietskoffers - racefietskoffers van Fietskoffer.nl|
|Prijs (excl. btw)||€ 289,26|
|Prijs (incl. btw)||€ 350,00|
|BTW hoog (21%)||€ 60,74|